Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Aquatica Megadome Port Alignment

Started by jakelevenson ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica Megadome Port Alignment

5 posts
  1. I seem to be having alignment issues with the shade on Aquatica's new megadome port. It doesn't quite line up properly and the result is that you can see the shade in the view finder when using my 16mm 2.8 fisheye. The aquatica chart says no extension ring is needed. I tried one out anyway and the port lines up correctly but more of the port system is cutting in. Anyone else using this port the D700 Housing and have any suggestions?

     

    thanks guys.

    Edited by jakelevenson
  2. The older extension rings were not "keyed" so that they will allign the mega dome with the housing.

    The newer rings have some attachment points drilled into them on the outside for a future port lock and will align properly.

    You will need to use one of the newer rings with the dome. I had same issue and now works great, just waiting for the port lock.

  3. so you're saying that without an extension ring, the port shade is misaligned, but with the extension ring its properly aligned? how weird, mine's the opposite - its fine alone, but misaligned with my extension rings, but not badly enough to get in the shot.

     

    from the looks of it, you can unscrew and take off teh shade pieces if ur in a real pickle, though i've never tried. just give jean at aquatica a call, or send him a message on wetpixel.

     

    chris

  4. Hi

    I use the megadome, 16mm and the D700 with no problema at all. Separately, I've also used the 6 inch port, 16mm, 1.4 kenko teleconverter and extension ring as well. Works like a charm.

    Regards,

    MPO

    www.mpostock.com

  5. Strange. I wound up removing two parts of the shade. Don't know why, but I couldn't get the port to sit where I couldn't see them in the viewfinder with the 16mm is on.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.