Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Wire Coral Shrimp?

Started by indigo ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Wire Coral Shrimp?

1 posts
  1. My team and I have been running some recces to the North Leeward of St. Vincent, we have been diving reefs that have rarely been dived on.

     

    During one of these trips I found a variety of wire / whip coral that I have not encountered (as far as I am aware) and on the coral I found this shrimp. It does not resemble the wire coral shrimps that I usually see, and I could not find anything similar in the ID books that I have in the dive shop.

     

    Again any assistance in putting a name to 'face' would be very much appreciated.

     

    Picture 1

    Picture 2 - fingers behind coral and shrimp to give an idea of size

    Picture 3

    Picture 4

     

    I'm sorry the the clarity is not so good, but this shrimp was tiny!

     

    Depth approx 14 metres / 50 ft.

     

    Thank you.

     

    Kay Wilson,

    Indigo Dive, St. Vincent.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.