Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

The Real Rock URL

Started by WaterWorks ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

The Real Rock URL

7 posts
  1. Hi Chris

     

    Don't know if this was intentional, but when I downloaded the file it had a .txt file extension?

     

    Cheers, Simon

  2. Hi Chris

     

    Don't know if this was intentional, but when I downloaded the file it had a .txt file extension?

     

    Cheers, Simon

     

    WTF!?!?!?! Cheers Simon.....

     

    I've seen this issue before with QT files when I'm downloading them, but never with MY stuff!!

     

    It IS weird isn't it!?!? ho hum.... off to the 2pop forums, then.......

     

    till I find the fix - anyone can download the files but at the end of download simply remove the .TXT file extension - the clips will play fine.

     

    Thanks alot Simon....

     

    Chris

  3. just went into my server @ GoDaddy...... checked out the files.....

     

    and they end, correctly, with .mp4!!!!!!!

     

    anybody have the answer!?!? there's NOTHING on Google about this!

     

    cheers in advance.....

  4. this is STRAAAAAAANGE :):)

     

    just told the missus about this problem and went to demonstrate it to her - and guess what.... now it's all good!

     

    she then tells me that she's checking out ScubaZoo's website yesterday and got the exact same result when downloading their clips.....

     

    we just went to check ScubaZoo's site and all downloads are working fine again!?!?!?!!>!

     

    Is this some cyber-phenomenon that we've happened upon here?

     

    Cheers everyone

     

    Chris

  5. Hey Chris - glad the txt extension thing is sorted - very weird!

     

    I enjoyed the vid and thought it was well put together very, very slick with some good transitions and great effects (god I wish I had time to learn how to do some of them!). The ariel shots really made it feel like a high end production and gave it a bit of class. Great stuff and I'm sure your client is delighted.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  6. Hey Chris - glad the txt extension thing is sorted - very weird!

     

    I enjoyed the vid and thought it was well put together very, very slick with some good transitions and great effects (god I wish I had time to learn how to do some of them!). The ariel shots really made it feel like a high end production and gave it a bit of class. Great stuff and I'm sure your client is delighted.

     

    Cheers, Simon

     

    Thanks for the kind words, Simon.... helicopter's rock! Doors were off, seatbelts were gaffer-taped shut!!!

     

    back onto the .txt. story: last night uploaded a newly finished website (nothing to do with this industry, but if you're interested... www.thelevelslanta.com) and the video clips did the same thing for the first few hours online..... I don't know if GoDaddy has some weird software going on to check that we're not uploading weird, freak-deaky, illegal footage or what, but it is definitely screwing with my files for a little while after upload.....

     

    WEIRD!!!!

     

    Cheers again for the feedback, Simon.....

     

    Chris

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.