Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Is this a Blue Ring Octopus?

Started by auddy ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Is this a Blue Ring Octopus?

5 posts
  1. We were muck diving in the Philippines and came across this small Octopus.

    My friends think it's a blue-ring as it's about the same size... except that it only has 1 single ring on its right side (pls refer to photos). I'm not sure. Could someone please shed some light on the identification? Photos taken with macro lenses.

     

    Thanks.

     

    IMG_0111-1.jpg

    IMG_0106.jpg

    IMG_0103-2.jpg

  2. Looks like a O. Mototi.

  3. Looks like a O. Mototi.

     

    I agree, it looks like a Mototi (an octopus that I particularly like a lot! :) )

  4. I agree, it looks like a Mototi (an octopus that I particularly like a lot! :) )

     

    Thanks, secretsea18. That makes it my 1st Mototi then :)

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.