Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

No diving this year

Started by waja ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

No diving this year

6 posts
  1. I've been quite happy with my Canon 20D and Aquatica A20 Housing. I had the housing modified for the AquaView and that worked great. When the Canon 50D came out, I thought that would be a great upgrade. I snatched one up when they first came out and it worked fine for me. I started saving for the Aquatica 40D housing. Three days ago, I had enough money. I bought the 5D mark II. So now I'm saving up money for the Aquatica 5D MK II housing AND new lenses for the Canon. AND I'm sure I will need to get a spare battery (Ouch) and will probably now need a bigger compactFlash memory card.

    It would really be nice if people on this forum would not ooh and ahh so much about these housing and cameras so much until the economy picks up.

  2. the 20D takes better photos :)

  3. It would really be nice if people on this forum would not ooh and ahh so much about these housing and cameras so much until the economy picks up.

     

    LOL. I hear you. But thinkl of it this way, it is the Wetpixel Economic Stimulus Package. If we got everyone diving and taking photos and upgrading it could jump start the economy and perhaps even reduce the costs of new housings since there will be a bigger market for them. :)

  4. I've been quite happy with my Canon 20D and Aquatica A20 Housing. I had the housing modified for the AquaView and that worked great. When the Canon 50D came out, I thought that would be a great upgrade. I snatched one up when they first came out and it worked fine for me. I started saving for the Aquatica 40D housing. Three days ago, I had enough money. I bought the 5D mark II. So now I'm saving up money for the Aquatica 5D MK II housing AND new lenses for the Canon. AND I'm sure I will need to get a spare battery (Ouch) and will probably now need a bigger compactFlash memory card.

    It would really be nice if people on this forum would not ooh and ahh so much about these housing and cameras so much until the economy picks up.

     

    And when you have saved up enough money to house the MKII the MKIII will be out !

     

    I think its something to do with the law of sod.

     

    Stew

  5. A spare battery & new CF card will be the least of your upcoming expenditures. Spare parts (everything electronic including a 2nd camera body), new bigger faster PC/Mac for handling bigger files & storage, new laptop for travel, external drives, etc. This is why we all have a Platinum Card (don't we??????). Enjoy your new toy.

  6. A spare battery & new CF card will be the least of your upcoming expenditures. Spare parts (everything electronic including a 2nd camera body), new bigger faster PC/Mac for handling bigger files & storage, new laptop for travel, external drives, etc. This is why we all have a Platinum Card (don't we??????). Enjoy your new toy.

     

    Thanks. I think the platinum has worn off of this card. Time to dig through all my old stuff and see if any of it will sell. I think the AquaShot will need to sit this one out.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.