Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

rig set up for nikon d70

Started by brandon ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

rig set up for nikon d70

3 posts
  1. hey wetpixel!,

     

    I am looking to get a set up for my Nikon d70, most likely an ikelite housing. I currently have a nikor 18-70 ED lens and am going to work with this until I can afford to get into macro and wide angle. I need some help selecting strobes, initially I was thinking about a pair of ikelite DS 51’s. I will be doing all my shooting in the turbid waters of New England so might be able to sacrifice output, but want rugged and easy to use with thick gloves.

     

    Any suggestions?

     

    Also dealers or sellers in New England?

     

    AB sea photo in LA seems like a value buy, anybody had any experience with them?

  2. Hey Brandon,

    I too have been looking at the DS-51 as my first strobe mainly due to price, but have yet to decide. The other models Ikelite has (125, 160) have better recycle times, but they use a rechargeable battery which some people don't like. Another one that I see people using is the Inon D-2000. I'm sure there are several threads out there comparing different types. You can use this website as well to compare: http://www.digitaldiver.net/strobes.php

  3. thanks for the advice. turns out that i am able to get a pair of used ds 50's and an ikelite housing at a great deal, so i will have the sacrifice the manual settings, for my meek budget

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.