Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Hoping to share Sperm Whales...but we can't even get out!

Started by Mike L ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Hoping to share Sperm Whales...but we can't even get out!

8 posts
  1. Im on location in the Azores to shoot Sperm Whales for an episode of Monster Quest...and I was told it was ok to post pics, etc from our expedition on the web. So, Ill be updating this daily with some photos and video clips...however I think before I can show anything, WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO GET OUT!! We have been here two days, and the weather is terrible!! 6-8 foot swells, rainy cold weather, and boats and captains that won't go out. The weather calls for more crap tomorrow. I sure hope we can get out to see some large toothed mammals!!

     

    Pics and videos to come (I hope).

  2. Welcome to the North Atlantic! :P

     

    How long do you have there? Look forward to seeing some of the photos and video if you manage to get out.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  3. Hi Simon,

     

    We arrived in Portgual Sunday, then onto Pico yesterday AM. Plan is to be here through the 15th. Our permit allows us to be in the water with the whales until the 14th.

  4. Hey Mike,

     

    Is this a RED shoot ???

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. Yes the Atlantic weather has skunked many a production at the Azores. I think you're the 3rd production I've heard that from in the last year! Good luck and clear sunny skies for the next week.

  6. Best of luck with the weather.

  7. Nope, not a Red shoot. I was originally told it was ok to talk and post...now its not...so I unfortunately will not be updating with info anymore...but I will post info about the show being aired when i learn of the date and time...ahhh the mystery!

  8. You should have chosen São Miguel... :)

     

    We have also lots of sperm whales and (in this case) better weather conditions!!

     

    I dove in the Faial last week with 15-25 knots of wind. :P

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.