This seems a good place then to ask for more detailed tips for enlarging images. Software, tools, ready made actions etc? Resolution, interpolation? Printing media? Etc.
Just for example with the UW Photo competition season nearly upon us: say I want to print an 6MP image at a standard competition print size of 30 by 40cm. What do wetpixelites reccommend?
Al
30cm by 40cms is not that big a print (about 12x16 for those metrically challenged) for a 6MP image. You shouldn't have to resort to anything like Genuine Fractals for this size, but here are some of the things I like to do:
- Always convert the image to least the max DPI of the printer being used
- Always remember that most prints come out darker than the monitor
- Get a pro lab if possible to do the printing
When you do take along a color matching print out. Talk to the person doing the printing and tell them specifically what color you are looking for in certain areas that match your print.
- If you want to do the printing your self then the Epson 2000p and 2200 are IMHO without peer. Of course they are expensive as well. I also love the paper I get from Pictorico (http://www.pictorico.com/) - their white glossy can be spectacular with the right image and the canvas effect is stunning with B&W images.
- Don't be afraid to get it reprinted if you are not happy.
That is a good start anyway - I'll think of more later on...
M