Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Caveshots with EX1 in SEALUX housing

Started by JP Bresser ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Caveshots with EX1 in SEALUX housing

4 posts
  1. I have been diving in France in the Lot area last weekend and taking my XDCAM EX1 and SEALUX housing for the first time in a cave.

    I have quite some experience filming in caves but used a HVR-A1 in an Amphibico housing before...

     

    Whats really cool about the SEALUX housing is the quality and design of the housing, it can handle extreme diving like this very well. I have all the controls at easy to use positions and because I film with everything on manual, and light and visibility are always an issue in caves you want to have that flexibility. The housing is also very well balanced making the shots smooth and steady.

     

    The visibility in the filmed caves was not optimal but the wideangle corrected plenty.

     

    Hope everybody enjoyes the footage:

    http://www.jpbresser.tv/movie/xdcam.wmv

    There is more stuff to watch at www.jpbresser.tv

     

    JP

    Edited by Drew
  2. Hi JP,

     

    Nice to hear you haven't had the issues that Mr Buxton has with his Sealux Ex1 housing... Looking forward to hearing more...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. Hi Dean,

     

    I read mr Buxton's report as well. I corrected the weighting by adding a small piece of weight in the housing, balance was perfect afterward.

    I'm quite satisfied with the SEALUX, price performance wise it is probably the best choice on the market today...

     

    My filming is mostly in extreme enviroments like deep wrecks and caves and I need a reliable and easy to operate solution. I'm also scootering in these enviroments...

     

    If you have any specfic questions about the housing let me know!!!

     

    JP

     

    Hi JP,

     

    Nice to hear you haven't had the issues that Mr Buxton has with his Sealux Ex1 housing... Looking forward to hearing more...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  4. JP, Good looking stuff there.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.