Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

"Lembeh Seadragon" Species ID

Started by Lndr ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

"Lembeh Seadragon" Species ID

8 posts
  1. Hi, just wondering if someone could confirm this critter, the "Lembeh Seadragon", is the sp Kyonemichthys rumengani.

     

    Also what type of syngnathid is it considered to be (ie pygmy piphorse?)

     

    Seen at Lembeh a few weeks ago :)

     

    ]3630420629_d8a0498efc_o.jpg

  2. Yup, that's it. They are calling it a "Pygmy pipedragon", but it is a new genus as it doesn't fit anywhere else. I call it "Wally" if that helps. I first called it "Mae" after Mae West, as it has such shapely hips and b^&bs. Then I realized it was probably a boy. I have no idea why he became Wally; it just came to me! Must have been the Bintang.

    Cheers,

    Marli

    Edited by scubamarli
  3. great shot Leander! tough little buggers to get in focus as they move so much..

     

    There is a scientific name for it already.. will look for it

  4. great shot Leander! tough little buggers to get in focus as they move so much..

     

    There is a scientific name for it already.. will look for it

     

     

    Cheers Mike :P

     

    Is it Kyonemichthys rumengani ??

     

    I first called it "Mae" after Mae West, as it has such shapely hips and b^&bs. Then I realized it was probably a boy. I have no idea why he became Wally; it just came to me! Must have been the Bintang.

     

    Hey Marli, I like Mae better ... maybe all the soft focus and warm lighting :)

  5. Wow, well done, Leander! Was trying to get a pic of one myself a couple of days ago on Nudi Retreat 1. Enough to make you go cross-eyed. What aperture did you use for this?

  6. Wow, well done, Leander! Was trying to get a pic of one myself a couple of days ago on Nudi Retreat 1. Enough to make you go cross-eyed. What aperture did you use for this?

     

    Cheers Tim :)

     

    For me it was more a case of being starry eyed than cross eyed hehe - but they really are string with eyes :D

     

    the aperture ... ummm wrong computer for exif ... I'll get back to ya :)

  7. Hi, just wondering if someone could confirm this critter, the "Lembeh Seadragon", is the sp Kyonemichthys rumengani.

     

    Also what type of syngnathid is it considered to be (ie pygmy piphorse?)

     

    Seen at Lembeh a few weeks ago :blink:

     

    Apparently it is a Pygmy Pipe Dragon. Latin Name Kyonemichthys Rumengani.

    g5_10_pipe2.jpg

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.