Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon G2 Ikelite housing flooded

Started by Ben ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon G2 Ikelite housing flooded

2 posts
  1. Hello everyone,

     

    I am just back from Sulawesi (Manado).

    On the positive side : I discovered there the best diving spots I have ever seen ! Some pictures coming soon...

    On the negative side : I flooded my Ikelite housing... but managed to save the Canon G2 camera !!

     

    What happened : I noticed a few droplets into the housing (like moisture) by 25m depth.... by pressing all the buttons, I could see water getting into the housing from one of them.... hopefully, the housing filled up very slowly, droplet by droplet, and I could get to the surface before the camera was in contact with water...

    anyway, any experience with this kind of leak? Is an o-ring responsible? Should I change all the o-rings or just the one incriminated?

    This housing is only 30 dives old.... I am quite surprised with this problem....

     

    Thanks

  2. Safest and fastest to return directly to Ikelite for replacement of the "O" rings and testing. Indicating which button leaked will help.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.