Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

Some enouraging news for once

Started by Timmoranuk ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Some enouraging news for once

4 posts
  1. I can think of few other industries which utilise a resource for which they have such little regard. I'm not sure just how encouraging this is though as I'd be pretty sure that for every prosecution there are many violations which remain undetected.And if you think I'm anti-fishing, well I'm not - its just that the industry needs to be sorted out and made sustainable before.....

  2. I can think of few other industries which utilise a resource for which they have such little regard. I'm not sure just how encouraging this is though as I'd be pretty sure that for every prosecution there are many violations which remain undetected.And if you think I'm anti-fishing, well I'm not - its just that the industry needs to be sorted out and made sustainable before.....

     

    Whilst it's great that there's punishment for these breakers of the rules but generally the UK is far better than most other European countries at following fishing quotas and not overfishing. If only other countries did the same and sent a message out Europe wide it would have a much greater effect than the French and Spanish (nothing against those specific countries, only an example) laughing at British fishermen and then catching twice as much and getting away with it

  3. I'm not sure that the idea that "we are not as bad as the others" is actually very constructive - in any case I'm far from convinced by the folklore regarding fishermen from our European neighbours being worse than us. I've seen little hard numerical evidence to back up such claims. The CFP does need sorting out before its simply irrelevant.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.