After what feels like it has been far longer than it actually has been this new book has finally been published (actually by myself on behalf of the UK's Marine Conservation Society (MCS), and with grant aid from the Countryside Council for Wales - the government's advisor on conservation in Wales). Written by Dr Frances Dipper and myself and illustrated by numerous photographs (from many photographers although the majority remain mine) as well as superb illustrations by Marc Dando, I think that we can say that this is the most comprehensive photographic guide to Welsh fish (and even UK/Irish fish) published to date. Its aim is not merely to help people to correctly identify the fish they see but also to provide a mechanism from which it will be possible to record (via the web) fish sightings in due course (this part is still being sorted out) so that better information will exist on species and distributions in the future. Its been a hard slog! Copies can be obtained from the MCS (http://www.mcsuk.org/acatalog/Marine_Conservation__British_Marine_Life_13.html) or signed copies from myself (via www.marinewildlife.co.uk) if wanted!
Excellent news and work Paul...
Will look forward to seeing it...
Dive safe
DeanB
It looks great. I will be definitely purchasing a copy.
Alex
Looks great Paul!number
Can you either drop me a mail with your phone number, or give me aring on 0777 3307233 -I'll order some for stock here.
Thanks
Adam
Looks great Paul!number
Can you either drop me a mail with your phone number, or give me aring on 0777 3307233 -I'll order some for stock here.
Thanks
Adam
Great Adam, MCS can supply copies for resale - I suggest that you drop them an email or ring them direct.
Oops-should learn to read!
Well done Paul!
I look forward to getting my hands on it, and diving in Wales once again