Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Ovulid ID

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Ovulid ID

5 posts
  1. Lembeh...anyone have a clue as to species or even genus???

    Cheers,

    Marli

    post-1116-1245722133.jpg

  2. I was told a type of cowry.

  3. Hi Marli -- Send a PM to the Poppes via member cookmedoc. I'm sure they can help. They're mollusc experts and I bet anything they have a copy of the magnificent new book on ovulids. Unfortunately the cost is magnificent too so I have to save up to buy a copy.

  4. Will do. Thanks.

  5. I have an ID from Felix Lorenz at www.ovulidae.com. It is an ovulid called Habuprionovolva basilica.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.