Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Seacam shooters- Nikon 10-24 zoom gear?

Started by brandoncole ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Seacam shooters- Nikon 10-24 zoom gear?

6 posts
  1. Any Seacam shooters know if the old zoom gear for the Nikon 12-24 f4 will fit on the new Nikon 10-24? Based on the paper specs, the max diam is the same, which I'm assuming is measured at the filter collar on the front, but not sure about the zoom ring diameter. I'm considering buying this new lens to test and compare to the 12-24, on a d300 body.

     

    Anyone out there try this new lens underwater yet? Regardless of which housing, I'd be interested to hear comments.

     

    Thanks much,

     

    Brandon Cole

  2. Any Seacam shooters know if the old zoom gear for the Nikon 12-24 f4 will fit on the new Nikon 10-24? Based on the paper specs, the max diam is the same, which I'm assuming is measured at the filter collar on the front, but not sure about the zoom ring diameter. I'm considering buying this new lens to test and compare to the 12-24, on a d300 body.

     

    Anyone out there try this new lens underwater yet? Regardless of which housing, I'd be interested to hear comments.

     

    Thanks much,

     

    Brandon Cole

     

     

    Brandon,

    Did you ever get any replys on this old post?

     

    Bernie Campoli

    Panama City beach,Fl

  3. Brandon,

    Did you ever get any replys on this old post?

     

    Bernie Campoli

    Panama City beach,Fl

     

    Bernie

     

    The same gear works on both lenses. We communicated with Brandon directly. Thanks.

  4. Bernie

     

    The same gear works on both lenses. We communicated with Brandon directly. Thanks.

     

    Steve,

    'Use same PVL 30-35 Port extention as Nikon 12-24?

  5. Steve,

    'Use same PVL 30-35 Port extention as Nikon 12-24?

     

    Bernie - As per your conversation with Liz this morning, SEACAM (Austria) calls for a PVL 40 for the 10-24 Nikkor.

  6. Bernie - As per your conversation with Liz this morning, SEACAM (Austria) calls for a PVL 40 for the 10-24 Nikkor.

     

     

    I find this link helpful in determining ports and port extension for lenses I may be personally unfamiliar:

     

    http://seacam.com/en/products/front-ports/port-selection

     

    Hit the drop down menu lower right for lens choices.

    Edited by StephenFrink
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.