I have just returned from a diving trip in the Red Sea (gallery to follow once ive processed everything). It was my first time using my Canon G9 and Inon z240. I have several hundred RAW files to process now and I was wondering if anyone had any default settings they used to apply to all of their RAW files in Lightroom as a starting point, that will correct the basics before you go and tweak others individually as required. I have had a little play with them so far but am very unfarmiliar with LR so any help would be appreciated. A lot of the pictures are quire blue and obviously the WB, exposure etc need alterations. Im hoping this is an easy way to get them 80% processed to reduce the time required for each image!
Hope someone can help,
Many thanks,
Mark
Hi All,
I have just returned from a diving trip in the Red Sea (gallery to follow once ive processed everything). It was my first time using my Canon G9 and Inon z240. I have several hundred RAW files to process now and I was wondering if anyone had any default settings they used to apply to all of their RAW files in Lightroom as a starting point, that will correct the basics before you go and tweak others individually as required. I have had a little play with them so far but am very unfarmiliar with LR so any help would be appreciated. A lot of the pictures are quire blue and obviously the WB, exposure etc need alterations. Im hoping this is an easy way to get them 80% processed to reduce the time required for each image!
Hope someone can help,
Many thanks,
Mark
Play around ... there really is no "one-size-fits-all" approach, but it is quite easy to transfers the settings that work for one image to others if that's appropriate.
Take a representative image, apply the settings from the Develop panels on the right side in order from top to bottom and then you can "sync" some or all of those settings to other images.
I use camera calibration presets. I'm not sure if there would be any for your specific camera, but there are certainly Canon presets available. Try adobelabs.com (I shoot Nikon) I tweaked the settings a bit, and then created a preset, which also includes chromatic aberration, and basic sharpening. I apply that preset ( I have one for macro and one for wide angle) to all of the images when I import them into the catalogue. I then use the white balance tool (find a neutral grey in your photo rather than white). Of course then I still need to tweak each photo, but this step saves a ton of time. I really recommend Scott Kelby's The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers: well worth the price.
Cheers,
Marli
Thanks guys,
I will just have a good play and see what I can come up with. What ive done so far is fix 1 photo, just the basics and applied the profile settings to the others taken on the trip which has improved them all so now I just need to pick the better once to focus on as you suggested!
I will post a gallery as soon as I get some good shots together!