Hello,
I'm looking for some hints on how to figure out what is wrong with the Monitor Back for our Stingray II video housing. It simply is not working- basically nothing happens when we install it. We bought it new years ago, and when it started to have this trouble sent it back to the manufacturer- who said there was nothing wrong with it. Since then, it has worked a few times but now just will not power up- the screen display just does not turn on. Video battery is fully charged, settings are correct, all connections look good- never been flooded or dropped (that I am aware of) but just nothing happens when it's installed. So, then I have to switch back to the old standard back with the tiny eye piece that is virtually impossible to see through.
Does anyone out there know if there is any way for me to tell what is wrong with it, other than it just being dead? I work for a small nonprofit and we have a budget of $0 to replace any equipment right now- and the video has been really important in tracking our restoration project. We have a another research cruise coming up in a couple of weeks and even if we had the money we don't have the time to send it back in. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so we can try to figure this out?
thanks VERY much in advance!