Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Free Photos

Started by TomStack ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Free Photos

3 posts
  1. The other day I learned of photo requests for an upcoming book on Clownfish for salt water aquariums. The actual request was posted by a photo editor in a subscription based trade e-newsletter. Most of the photos revolved around Clownfish in a aquarium situation. Thinking the editor might need some individual clownfish photos/portraits I emailed her and here is her response:

     

    Hi Tom,

     

    That's correct. We have all the free ones of those we need. But thanks for asking.

     

    C.....

     

    On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 2:12 PM, <stackt@............> wrote:

     

    C.....

     

    If I'm reading your (name of e-newsletter) request correctly, you will not consider shots of clownfish

    underwater in their natural environment?

     

    Best,

     

    Tom Stack

  2. It sounds like he/she got all the free ones they need from aquarists who shared their photos for free. I'm not surprised really.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. It sounds like he/she got all the free ones they need from aquarists who shared their photos for free. I'm not surprised really.

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    James,

     

    That sounded reasonable, so I wrote her again:

     

    "Well, actually they aren't really free... but with the number of images we use, they might as well be. We do subscription service to royalty-free stock houses like iStockphoto, Shutterstock and Dreamstime who have a bunch of the natural environment images. Also, we do get a few from independent photographers or organizations for free - not as many, though."

     

    C......

     

    On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Tom Stack & Associates <........@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    Hi C.......,

     

    Curious, where did you get the free pics? Aquarists? Photographers? Internet search? Flickr?

     

    Thanks!

     

    Tom

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.