Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Photoshop Books

Started by radioactive ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop Books

6 posts
  1. I can do the very basics in Photoshop, but I am sure there alot of stuff I have yet to learn.

     

    I would like suggestions on which books are valuable to the underwater photographer and could help me to expand my own PS scould be using skills.

     

    Thanks,

    Mark

  2. There is a book on digital image processing for the underwater photographer; it sounds neat but is actually pretty basic. Through a bookstore glitch, I received an extra one. It's yours for free if you want it.

     

    Mike

  3. I guess I can't pass something up when it's free. If you are serious then sure ... Thanks!

     

    After I posted my question I found some similar questions on a site called Digital Camera Rview (www.dpreview.com). If any one else is curious, or can comment on the quality of the books, they were:

     

    - Photo retouching secrets (Scott Kelby)

    - Photoshop down and dirty tricks (Scott Kelby)

    - Photoshop Restoration & Retouching(Katrin Eismann)

    - Photoshop 6 for Photographers (M. Evening)

    - Photoshop 6 Artistry: Mastering the Digital Image

     

    Mark

  4. Sorry about the anonymous post; thought I was logged in. E-mail address is moelrich@cox.rr.com . . .

  5. I've always heard good things about photoshop for photographers, though it is not a beginners intro to photo shop.

     

    I've heard that the digital underwater photo book is really mostly oriented towards scanning film, and working with those images.

  6. I have bought four photoshop books and taken a class so far, still a ton to learn.

     

    So far, my votes would be:

     

    1: Photoshop for Photographers Great book, a little advanced in parts, but very photo oriented.

     

    2: Photoshop 7 down and dirty tricks. I got this free with my upgrade to 7.0. Clever book, a little more oriented to graphic design, but I enjoyed it anyway.

     

    3: Adobe Photoshop Studio Techniques. This was the book we used in the class I took. Got a little complicated at times, and a lot is not photo related, but I kept it for reference.

     

    4: Professional Photoshop 6: The Classic guide to color correction.

     

    This is definately a pro book. It is hard to understand if you dont have prepress CMYK printing knowledge. I have started and put this book down with headaches four times. Its fascinating, and someday I will understand it, but for now its a bit advanced for my pea-brain

    :D

     

    I think what you will find is that all of them have little bits and piecec that you will find very helpful. Most can be had at the library. Try that first, save 50 bux a book. :P

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.