Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Capturing fluoresence

Started by Timmoranuk ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Capturing fluoresence

5 posts
  1. With an outcoming Red Sea safari looming close I'd like to try capturing coral fluoresence, either at 'depth' or maybe very shallow on top of the reef plate during a surface interval. May I learn of anyone's recommendations for filter(s) suitable for either / both situations? I'd rather go with a screw on M67 wet filter rather than internal gel filters. Thanks.

  2. Well, I was going to point you to my favorite UW blacklight photography/videography site, NightSea, but their website seems to be down at the moment. :)http://www.nightsea.com

     

    I seem to recall that Woody's makes some filters that work well, but all the info was on the NightSea site. The right filter over an HID dive light can do some pretty incredible things.

    Edited by CompuDude
  3. Thanks Cdude, Nightsea was where I initially looked and found the same as you...

  4. There are a few threads on ScubaBoard about this, so I suspect if you were to search "nightsea" over there, you'd uncover discussions that may have more concrete info.

     

    I hope NightSea comes back online at some point. :)

  5. Another for trying Nightsea. I believe they are a small operation so may have to be patient. Here is my cobbled together rig, only have had one chance to play with it. Hope to give it a try here. Using Subtronic Nova & Inon D2000s and a UK AquaSun for a spotter light. Shot with D200, 60mm both strobes on full power.

     

    4872573147_86ff0ae17b_b.jpg

    4872573065_ecbe5b08d7_b.jpg

    4872607691_a0d2ffaa71_b.jpg

    Edited by NWDiver
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.