Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Every time FCP comes on all favorites are lost

Started by jonny shaw ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Every time FCP comes on all favorites are lost

5 posts
  1. Every time I load up FCP my favorite bin with effects etc has been reset to empty?

     

    Does anyone have any ideas, it's not a massive issue just a pain in the arse...

     

    I am still running FCP 5.1.4 and I haven't trashed any prefs or changed anything since it was running fine (I believe)

     

    Cheers

     

    Jon

  2. Was going to say that I've just downloaded an update and maybe that was the problem?, but if you have not updated then it looks like it's just a FCP quirk! :)

     

    Cheers, Simon

  3. Was going to say that I've just downloaded an update and maybe that was the problem?, but if you have not updated then it looks like it's just a FCP quirk! :nea:

     

    Cheers, Simon

     

    Thanks Simon, actually I have updated my computer... But there wasn't any FCP updates. Maybe I'll wait and see what happens over the next couple of months.

     

    Cheers

     

    Jon

  4. Problem is now solved, I trashed the prefs and did a disk repair. Worked a treat if anyone else has the same problem.

     

    Cheers

     

    Jon

  5. jonny, Yes, this is one of those bugs that has happened to me too many times in the past, this includes the 5/6 buttons I keep on top of my timeline. A backup can be made and saved of the buttons so that if they disappear you can just reload them. A way to save favorites so you don't have to go scrolling through a million plug ins is to create a new project and name it Favorites. Put a few clips on the timeline and add all your favorite filters and transitions to these few clips.

    Then, should they disappear again, you can open this favorites project and simply go to the clip's filters tab and drag them back up to your favorites folder. Do the same with the transitions you put in the timeline as well. Much quicker and you don't have to trash preferences.

     

    Since I have to test and review so many softwares and third party plug ins I make it a habit to always repair permissions both before and after any updates or downloads. I repair permissions as much as a habit as I do command/save

    Steve

    Edited by steve
Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.