Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

I bought a D100

Started by james ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

I bought a D100

10 posts
  1. OK, I ordered a D100 for Sarah. It should be here tomorrow.

     

    So hopefully we can dispel any rumors that I am biased...:-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Trying to keep Sarah down by not letting her use TTL? :rolleyes:

     

    What housing are you going to get her?

  3. She's never used TTL before on any of her ~40 dives using the D60 - so let's not spoil her eh?

     

    I'd like to try the Jonah housing for the D100 with her, as she wants something ultra small and I can't afford the Nexus. In that, she IS spoiled by the awesomely small UK-Germany housing.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. O M F G :rolleyes::lol:

     

    by the way James, Aggieland Photo, on Northgate up here in CS (you probably know it), is closing down :P as of September 30. Last time I was in there they had an s2, d100 bodies and some high end lenses (17-35 afs for $1400, for instance). I'm going to pop over there today and see is there are any bargains in the offing.

  5. Why not let her use the S2? :rolleyes:

     

    Whatever piece of newer, better gear I get always seems to end up on my buddy. B) She ended up with my hoseless AI computer and my ATX200. Thankfully, she gave up on photography. Every time she pushed the shutter release it was like Quasimoto yanking on the bell rope. Lot's of camera shake.

     

    Get my e-mail?

  6. Yes, I got it. Unfortunately (and much as I wish it weren't the case) I cannot plan my dive vacations 12 mos in advance.

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    PS - did you ever get your dome port back?

  7. Thanks Todd.

  8. Ahhh,... so Allan Cabebra is still alive...

    I wonder why he stopped showing up here or answering to my emails.

    That seems to be a common experience with that vendor as I understand.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.