Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Understanding clone and heal

Started by Scubysnaps ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Understanding clone and heal

3 posts
  1. Like probably quite a fewt of us here, I'm forever playing with clone and heal. In my understanding these are the differences and I hope someone can put me right if I'm off track...

     

    Clone - replicates another selectable area of pic into chosen area

    Healing brush - blends in another selectable area of pic into chosen area

    Spot healing brush - blends selected area all together along with surroundings

     

    If this is right, why does it sometimes not work and I get some different areas patched in!? and I do keep reselecting if its a varied area

     

    Could anyone maybe go thru some of the options available and what they do to help this action blend in to make things look natural, and maybe which ones not to pick? another thing I remember is to clone first and then heal on top but it doesnt always work right :nea:

    Another thing while I'm on the subject, in lightroom, is there a way to reset the amount of circles and start again? as I seem sometimes to get too many which "forces" me into Photoshop as I canot put circels on top of circles in LR

     

    Any help most appreciated

     

    Cheers

    Woody ;)

  2. in lightroom, is there a way to reset the amount of circles and start again?

    You have two choices:

    Click on reset in the spotting window: this erases all of your corrections

    or

    Use the history area to go back a few steps only.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. In PS clone copies selected area to destination. Healing brush copies texture & blends in existing color, but sometimes can be a little trick. At least this is my understanding.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.