Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Macromania

Started by Andi Voeltz ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Macromania

10 posts
  1. Hey Guys,

     

    Our macro Lense hast just arrived! Ohhh what a beauty... I swear... :lol:

    I took two topside images for testing the diopter I'd like to share with you all.

     

    Actually it's image no. 4 and 5 ever taken with this lense. So it's really just

    done in a rush without thinking...

     

    I was amazed how nice they come out, when just shooting freehand.

     

    First Image (no closeup lense) ca. 3 MB

    Second Image (with Canon 500D closeup lense) ca. 3 MB

     

    note: that my Gilfriend blinked :rolleyes: with her eyes, this is why some

    hairs seem unsharp. I found out after she was gone :P

  2. No turning back now!

  3. Why do I have the sudden urge to make that my desktop image. Would freak the Mrs. out. :rolleyes:

  4. Why do I have the sudden urge to make that my desktop image. Would freak the Mrs. out. :lol:

    here is my intepretation as a desktop image

     

    abitmoregreen_480.jpg

    a bit more green :rolleyes:

     

    if somebody needs it in bigger size, just email me ..

  5. That's nothing compared to Eric Cheng's IR eyeball photo. It's positively EERIE!

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. That's nothing compared to Eric Cheng's IR eyeball photo.  It's positively EERIE!

     

    Cheers

    James

    Where is it? Just know the mugshot from that session :-) spooky...

  7. Lars,

     

    Please explain how you were able to create the image you posted. I am trying to learn PS Elements 2.0. Thought I was getting pretty good...until I attempted to re-create your effect and could not. Oh well....practice, practice, practice.

     

    Thx, Bill

  8. Lars,

     

    Please explain how you were able to create the image you posted.  I am trying to learn PS Elements 2.0.  Thought I was getting pretty good...until I attempted to re-create your effect and could not.  Oh well....practice, practice, practice.

     

    Thx,  Bill

     

    Ok, here is a little summary of what I did:

     

    1. create a new layer.

     

    2. select a circle area with the cirlce marquee tool in the size of the iris

     

    3. fill it with the color you want to have for the iris.

     

    4. apply gaussian blur filter to smoth the edges of the circle. this is to make it look more natural later on.

     

    5. now the magic thing. B) there is a drop down field in the layer window, which has different blending options, like darken, vivid, multiply, etc... I used the vivid blending, but you may try some of the others and take the one that fits best to your idea.

     

    6. now I created an empty layer mask to the circle layer to remove the upper part of the circle, which overlayed the eyebrow. I took the brush tool with a big diameter [300 or more] to have soft edges and just painted in the layer mask, where I wanted the circle to disapear.

     

    7. I color corrected the skin a bit. gave it more saturation to have a better contrast to the iris.

     

    thats it basicly. The most important step is the blending option, you have in the layer window. this allows you to add a color from one layer to the other layers below with different methods.

     

    I used Photoshop 7 and not Photoshop Elements. I do not know, if all functions are available in PS Elements.

     

    /lars

  9. Lar,

     

    Thx...you have taught me another trick for my PE2 tool bag. Before asking you to explain how you created the effect, I was able to figure out all but the vivid blending piece. That's a cool feature and one that I will play with more. Again, thanks for you help.

     

    Bill

  10. I thought I’d show you my new 90 mm Tamron lens, and cheap ring light made by Vivitar.

    I love the lens but I’m not sure I’ll keep the flash.

    I’m still making a flat port for this lens for my S2 housing , but looks like it will be a keeper.

     

    Marc

     

     

    dscf4039eye.jpg

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.