Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

id help please

Started by Fontaine ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

id help please

12 posts
  1. Still havnt gotten around to buying the critter book, please help me ID this guy:

     

    3510543261_f9c5344120.jpg

     

    Cheers

     

    Fontaine

     

    sorry- photo was taken in St. Vincent snorkelling at about 20 feet down, its a crustacean of some sort and im sure ive seen it in one of the caribbean creatures books, but havent been able to get my hands on the latest addition.

    Edited by HappyBubblz
  2. Always remember to let us know where the photo was taken.

  3. Always remember to let us know where the photo was taken.

     

     

    please see my edit

  4. Still havnt gotten around to buying the critter book, please help me ID this guy:

     

    3510543261_f9c5344120.jpg

     

    Cheers

     

    Fontaine

     

    sorry- photo was taken in St. Vincent snorkelling at about 20 feet down, its a crustacean of some sort and im sure ive seen it in one of the caribbean creatures books, but havent been able to get my hands on the latest addition.

     

     

    Tuleariocaris neglecta, the "black urchin shrimp". I haven't seen it in any book.

     

    Les

  5. Tuleariocaris neglecta, the "black urchin shrimp". I haven't seen it in any book.

     

    Les

     

    I suspected urchin shrimp, i find the latin name much more exciting. Where did you find the ID, if not from an ID book?????

     

    Thank you!!!!

  6. Where did you find the ID, if not from an ID book?????

     

    I'm writing the descriptive text for new species that are being included in our upcoming Marine Creatures Identification DVD (a companion for the Humann & DeLoach creatures and corals books for the Caribbean), so I use published scientific papers as source material. We are roughly doubling the number of species. Many (most?) of the new species are not in any books.

     

    Les

  7. I'm writing the descriptive text for new species that are being included in our upcoming Marine Creatures Identification DVD (a companion for the Humann & DeLoach creatures and corals books for the Caribbean), so I use published scientific papers as source material. We are roughly doubling the number of species. Many (most?) of the new species are not in any books.

     

    Les

     

    WICKED!!!! I hope to see lots of new Nudis!! When and where can I purchase this publication?????

  8. WICKED!!!! I hope to see lots of new Nudis!! When and where can I purchase this publication?????

    You'll see lots of nudis. Currently we're up to 151, and counting. Watch both http://www.reefnet.ca and http://www.fishid.com for announcements, hopefully in the 4th quarter of this year.

  9. You'll see lots of nudis. Currently we're up to 151, and counting. Watch both http://www.reefnet.ca and http://www.fishid.com for announcements, hopefully in the 4th quarter of this year.

     

     

    My wife and I would love to come and work for you guys just let us know!!

  10. You'll see lots of nudis. Currently we're up to 151, and counting. Watch both http://www.reefnet.ca and http://www.fishid.com for announcements, hopefully in the 4th quarter of this year.

     

     

    you guys should put out a fish ID app for iphones, theres a gap in the market.

  11. you guys should put out a fish ID app for iphones, theres a gap in the market.

     

    I second that. There is a huge gap right now in that market.

     

    SD

  12. you guys should put out a fish ID app for iphones, theres a gap in the market.

    Yes, we're considering that.

     

    Les

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.