Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Samurai Nudi

Started by Fontaine ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Samurai Nudi

5 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I found this guy at about 80 feet at the bow of the Liberty wreck in Tulamben, Bali in the early afternoon. I cant find anything in the Nudi book and am going to send the pics off to seaslugforum.net if no one here can ID it. I suspect its a member of the Tritoniidae family. None of the Nudis in my book have the same type of rhinophores or the same type of cirri around the rhinophores.

     

    3658305923_c280b6e296.jpg

    3658306753_d4c4c436a3.jpg

    3658307561_ae56f7e972.jpg

     

     

    Cheers

     

    Fontaine

  2. Hi,

    It is an undescribed Dendronotus sp.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. For me it looks like Dendronotus regius http://www.nudipixel.net/photo/00008813/

    Cheers

    Michael

     

     

    thats most definitly correct I have another picture which is almost identical to that one, so much so that I thought they had stolen it from me.

     

    Thanks

     

    Fontaine

  4. Marli's right too, it's just that her sources are a little out of date. :) Dendronotus regius was described in 2008. It's still listed as Dendronotus sp 2 on the Sea Slug Forum and as undescribed in the most recent IP slug books.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.