Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sea and Sea WAL L limitation

Started by underwaterdigital ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea and Sea WAL L limitation

3 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I thought you guys might be interested to see what the lens limitation when shooting fully wide.

     

    image

    this shot was taken obviously on full wide angle. If you look a the bottom corner of the picture, you'll see the lens limitation. quick fix I think is zooming in a little but here is the twist, those dark shades didn't show on the top corner of the picture. Could it be the angle of the shot? Anyway, please feel free to comment.

     

    Regards,

    Allan

    http://www.underwaterdigital.net

  2. I had a similar experience using the lens but in my case I only had the vignetting on the bottom left corner. I suspect it could simply be the alignment of the camera inside the case. Anyways, simply zooming in a small amount will fix the problem. The good thing about the Sea & Sea WAL is that you can zoom in without a noticeable amount of blurrying along the edges.

     

    Another note on this lens is the fact that it experiences less lens flaring when shooting towards the sun than the Inon.

     

    Overall, based on my experience in using the Sea & Sea WAL and the Inon WAL, I 'personally' prefer the Sea & Sea WAL.

     

    Note: I am refering to the 0.56x WAL that attaches directly to the PT/Ikelite/Fisheye housing..not the 16mm WAL that requires an adapter to install.

  3. Hi Laz,

     

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Sea and Sea WAL L. I also prefer the Sea and Sea WAL especially doing CFWA shot or even full wide but I am still anxious to see how the INON Dome Port for the UWL-100 works. INON is claiming that the Dome Port should fix the flare problem and distortion along the edges of the picture.

     

    Allan

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.