Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 8mm circular fisheye??

Started by AndreSmith ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 8mm circular fisheye??

5 posts
  1. In my search for a wider angle for my 10D, I came upon this Sigma 8mm f4 circular fisheye. Just wondered what this would become on the 10D - a sort of 13mm vertical fisheye? Maybe thats not so bad underwater. Can focus all the way down to under 8 inches so should work in a dome port. has anybody tried it?

  2. Hi Andre

     

    The crop factor doesn't exactly translate to a "change in focal length" on a fish eye. However it still may be useful to you, especially once you defish the image - though that can lose you quite alot of coverage with these lenses.

     

    The following page (not mine) has images from a Sigma 8mm on a Canon 10D, and they give a good idea of the image you'd get.

     

    Canon 10D and Sigma 8mm

     

    I hope that helps.

     

    I'm interested in the Canon 15mm full frame fish eye for wideangle on my D30. The images people have been getting with it look great, even without defishing (the crop removes most of the badly distorted area, while the lens is wide enough to give the coverage I want.

     

    Unfortunately I have to wait for my finances to recharge after the housing. :rolleyes:

     

    Regards

     

    Martyn

  3. Check out Tim Rock's Aquatica D100 review in:

     

    www.wetpixel.com/reviews

     

    He has some sample shots w/ the 8mm fisheye.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. so Andre, has it arrived yet? we all want to see pictures of it since the photo on UK-G's site is of the D60 housing. I'm sure it's almost the same as the D60 housing, but inquiring minds want to see the new one. B)

  5. No it hasn't arrived yet but it is on its way from Germany! Still working its way half way around the world and through customs. I will publish a picture of my new baby as soon as it is delivered! :lol:

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.