Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Stepen Frink uses this software- Can't rememeber what?

Started by GrtDay ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Stepen Frink uses this software- Can't rememeber what?

6 posts
  1. Stephen Frink uses this software to transfer his images from his card to his PC. It also has functions similar to Lightroom.

    For the life of me, I can't remember what it is called.

     

    Does anyone out there remember?

  2. Stephen Frink uses this software to transfer his images from his card to his PC. It also has functions similar to Lightroom.

    For the life of me, I can't remember what it is called.

     

    Does anyone out there remember?

    Photomechanic

  3. Photomechanic

    I use Potomechanic for my day job, but am converting to lightroom as it just fits better with my workflow. However PM is great when you have lots of bulk captions to do / change filenames using keywords or any other parameter you want.

  4. I use Potomechanic for my day job, but am converting to lightroom as it just fits better with my workflow. However PM is great when you have lots of bulk captions to do / change filenames using keywords or any other parameter you want.

    Yes, PM's strong point has always been it's speed, but it does not do anything that LR or Aperture cannot, so adding the extra step of going through PM first is probably going to be slower overall than just doing everything in LR in most situations.

    Edited by loftus
  5. Photo Mechanic has another strong point: It works well in conjunction with Nikon Capture NX. If you are using Capture NX as a raw image editor for your Nikon raw files, you'll find that Photo Mechanic is a good choice.

     

    The support available for Photo Mechanic is excellent. I often go to the support forums to find answers to my questions. They have a great team that seem to answer your questions almost as soon as you've posted them.

     

    Ellen

  6. I love Photomechanic and use it and Lightroom. It's faster and less likely to crash when importing a large volume of RAW files IMO. I actually find it faster sometimes to ingest my disk with PM and then import with Lightroom. The key words transfer over as well as the caption info. I also like that I can browse a folder of images in PM without importing into a catalog like you have to in LR.

     

    Bottom line, they're similar but different tools which I think compliment each other.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.