Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Ikelite Housing for Canon G5 - Filter Thread

Started by FrogNuts ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite Housing for Canon G5 - Filter Thread

3 posts
  1. I have just bought a new Canon G5 with a new Ikelite housing, an Ikelite ttl strobe and two epoque lenses as well as a filter. According to the website of my local dealer the housing had 67mm filter thread on the lens port.

    I am now seriously pissed off because although the lens port IS THREADED it appears to be slightly bigger than 67mm (more like 68 or 69). The lenses and filter do not fit. The dealer who sold me the lenses said he has only just realised that G5 housing doesnt take lenses and filters like the G2 housing (he has now updated his web site) in fact he says that the G5 housing is not threaded at all and has offered a refund on the lenses. However this leaves me with the rest of the kit which I cannot now use for macro / wideangle or fit with filters.

    I have examined the housing and the lens port IS THREADED. Ikelite have not yet replied to my emails asking what size the thread is and if there is an adaptor. I have tried all my local camera dealers for a step up / step down adaptor ring but the next standard size up is 72mm which is way too big.

    Surely someone knows what size the thread is and Surely there must be an adaptor available??

    I am going to the red sea on a dive trip in ten days, which is whay I bought all this gear and this is cracking me up!!!

    Please, somebody ....... HELP!

  2. The lenses are supposed to thread into the G5 housing port. Epoque DCL-20 may be the only wide angle lens that operates with the G5 without vignetting because of difference in camera lenses.

     

    I do not understand lack of e-mail response unless request was missed in the absolute deluge of spam junk we are receiving from inconsiderate slobs perpetuating that crap.

  3. Turns out that the lens port on the housing was at fault, probably some freak manufacturing anomaly. Ikelite shipped me a new port (half way round the world in two days!) which I have now fitted and now my lenses and filter can easily attach to the housing.

    Thanks to Ike and all at Ikelite for their swift and efficient resolution to this problem - well done! :lol:

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.