Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Mantas & Whale Sharks of Hanifaru

Started by Shaff ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Mantas & Whale Sharks of Hanifaru

13 posts
  1. Hey all!

     

    Here's a video that I made from the footage from last years expedition to Hanifaru, Baa Atoll , Maldives.

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUbUfYmkNR0

     

    The site is featured in this months National Geographic Magazine as well. I've been diving there for the past 6 years and it's getting better and better each year. It's sad to see that some marine biologists and dive center staff riding the mantas. I posted some pics of whale shark riding by the staff of Four Seasons resort in that atoll, a few months ago. Anyways, hope all of you enjoy the video. I will be going to Hanifaru again in a few days or in a few weeks and get new footage.

  2. Wow, that's a lot of big mantas in one spot !

  3. Hi Shaff,

    great video, and really a lot of mantas :B):

    which time of the year have you made this video on hanrifaru?

  4. Manta party! I've never seen anything like that number.

     

    What's the best time to go there for this sort of action?

  5. There's another cracking video about this spot from

    .
  6. Hey all!

     

    Here's a video that I made from the footage from last years expedition to Hanifaru, Baa Atoll , Maldives.

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUbUfYmkNR0

     

    The site is featured in this months National Geographic Magazine as well. I've been diving there for the past 6 years and it's getting better and better each year. It's sad to see that some marine biologists and dive center staff riding the mantas. I posted some pics of whale shark riding by the staff of Four Seasons resort in that atoll, a few months ago. Anyways, hope all of you enjoy the video. I will be going to Hanifaru again in a few days or in a few weeks and get new footage.

     

     

    Great vid... What dive operation do you use there? I'd love to go.

    Best,

    Steve

  7. Hey Shaff that is totally awesome. I have to get my ass back out there to see you. Is that Hani free diving with them? You certainly capture the grace of the mantas in that footage, so many of them too.

     

    Take care mate, and hopefully we will see each other soon. ( tell Louise she has to take me back out there next year )

     

    Stew

  8. WOW!!!

  9. Just amazing; to see so many mantas t one time, and throw a whaleshark or two into the mix.!

  10. Just amazing; to see so many mantas t one time, and throw a whaleshark or two into the mix.!

    I know thats just being greedy.

     

    Stew

  11. lovely!

    Edited by The Woodster
  12. I heard that the timing is extremely critical - what type of timing and moon phase is best for this to happen?

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.