Here's a little video I put together from my recent wild dolphin encounters in the Bahamas:
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by laz217 ·
Read-only discussion
Here's a little video I put together from my recent wild dolphin encounters in the Bahamas:
Wonderful Laz! Was all of this shot on our trip with your Canon? Thanks for sharing this partner, I loved the music too, great choice.
![]()
Steve
Nice video. Looks like such a wonderful trip...
Nice footage! Surely a great experience!
Karel
Lovely video. Well done! You've really captured a fantastic encounter. Dolphins are just the best, aren't they.
All freediving?
Also interested in what cam you used.
Its good, but I prefer the one you shot of me. Much better subject matter. ![]()
Its awesome, to be honest. Really great. I am already counting down the 12 months until I am able to get out there on my next Wetpixel/JASA trip.
Alex
Now the rest of us are anxiously awaiting the debut of your video of the good doctor cavorting around in the sea.
Seriously, great video!
Wonderful, not a worry in the world. ![]()
What a great experience.
Great job, Laz. I especially appreciate it since, on that trip, I was in the water right behind you kicking like hell to get some decent dolphin images! You make it look effortless to get such beautiful footage. Those that have been there know it's anything but! Congratulations!
So graceful and relaxed.
Nice to finally meet you last Friday at Blue Heron.
Here's a little video I put together from my recent wild dolphin encounters in the Bahamas:
Beautiful. Steve made me jealous with his photos and you just upped it more. Wonderful shots and the editing was really great. I sat here smiling as I watched the video.
Nick, this was all shot with the Canon SD960IS point and shoot camera inside an Ikelite housing and a WD20 wide angle lens. This combo works incredibly well and is small enough to not be a nuisance while swimming with the dolphins. This camera is capable of shooting some very decent 720P HD video. The only time it hiccups is with sunballs where the video shows vertical bands on it. I suppose it's a limitation of the chip.
Thinking about it.
Part of me is always toying with the idea of small and portable. It is amazing I thought I carried alot with the Nikonos, 2 lenses, 1 ULCS arm and tray with one smaller Ikelite strobe. Then with the 3040 in an Oly housing and one strobe, then the 8080 with one strobe then two strobes, then the video rigs.
Since it does not look like there is diving or travel coming up for quite awhile, who knows. Still haven't opened the box....
Amazing Footage Laz.
The spotted dolphins seem so much calmer and approachable than the bottlenose we saw on last year's trip.
Or maybe you just have a way with dolphins...
Anyway your video definitely made my day...
Thanks
Nick, this was all shot with the Canon SD960IS point and shoot camera inside an Ikelite housing and a WD20 wide angle lens. This combo works incredibly well and is small enough to not be a nuisance while swimming with the dolphins. This camera is capable of shooting some very decent 720P HD video. The only time it hiccups is with sunballs where the video shows vertical bands on it. I suppose it's a limitation of the chip.
Wow, done with a little Ixus! The wonders of modern technology etc. etc.. Any filter? What did you do re. white balance?
Wow, done with a little Ixus! The wonders of modern technology etc. etc.. Any filter? What did you do re. white balance?
No filters.. I set the white balance to the Cloudy setting to add just a touch of red and it seemed to do the work quite nicely. I tried the auto white balance but my colors were all over the place from one video clip to the next.
That's fantastic from that little Ixus.
I'm blown away actually....
This is so great Laz! It totally takes me back to last week's encounters. I know what you mean now about watching them behave - JUST like humans sometimes. I saw an adult chide her kid for getting too close to the "strangers" it was hilarious. And the youngins get SO fired up when you spin around - they go nuts and then do it too! It was awesome.
I can't wait to show this to Sarah.
Cheers
James
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.