Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

film does blues especially well UW

Started by craig ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

film does blues especially well UW

2 posts
  1. Forgive an all-digital guy this intrusion. I like you guys, I really do!

     

    There's been some discussion about how film renders water a particularly pleasing blue. A came across this while researching an unrelated issue. Look at figure 3.3 here: http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/research/theses...vic/node23.html

     

    Basically, film has different response curves for red, green, and blue resulting potentially in blue shifts at the bright end of the exposure range. This certainly doesn't explain everything but it could perhaps contribute to the phenomenon. Perhaps certain films have a pronounced response iregularity that contributes to their especially good performance underwater.

  2. "Now I can sleep!" :rolleyes:

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.