Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

A new blenny for me

Started by elbuzo ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

A new blenny for me

5 posts
  1. I found 2 blennies this weekend that are new for me and i didn't find it on the Reef Fish ID book .

     

    Both were in about 25 feet of water on the northeast coast of Dominican Republic. The photos are not great , surge was so strong that i was not able to get close enough . Hope someone here can help me to id these guys.

    post-2893-1248138955.jpg

  2. Here is the other one

    post-2893-1248139325.jpg

  3. Here is the other one

     

    Nice shots!

     

    The first one is a "punk blenny" (Acanthemblemaria sp., undescribed species). The second one is the twinhorn blenny (Coralliozetus cardonae). Both are well documented in our DVD: http://reefnet.ca/products/fishes/caribbean/

     

    Les

  4. Thank you Les

     

    I will buy your dvd next week while in Bonaire

     

    JA

  5. Thank you Les

     

    I will buy your dvd next week while in Bonaire

     

    JA

     

    Congratulation elbuzo for that greats pictures, I am sure you will have a lot of chance to take better pictures in Bonaire, especially if you go with a friend that share your passion for the underwater photography.

     

    jc

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.