Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Really Stupid DVD Question

Started by cdoyal ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Really Stupid DVD Question

6 posts
  1. I need to have a laptop play a DVD continuously for a display booth at an upcoming show. What's the best way to do this? I can't find this option on realplayer or windows media center/player. Thanks guys!

  2. I need to have a laptop play a DVD continuously for a display booth at an upcoming show. What's the best way to do this? I can't find this option on realplayer or windows media center/player. Thanks guys!

     

     

    When you create the DVD in the DVD authoring application, you can set up the looping.

  3. Sometimes I can be such a tool. I just took my original video files and repeated them in Windows Media Player and totally bypassed the DVD burning process. Thanks for the input guys. I knew I could count on people on Wetpixel to help me pull my head out.

  4. I need to have a laptop play a DVD continuously for a display booth at an upcoming show. What's the best way to do this? I can't find this option on realplayer or windows media center/player. Thanks guys!

     

     

    As mentioned set the end jump of the film back to the beginning on the DVD authoring side. Couple of things, if the movie is shorter you can put it down in the same track a few times (or more) so that the DVD Player does not have to keep on searching to restart (more so for standalone DVD Players) and also make sure you do have a menu on the DVD to be able to breakout of the movie if needed. Someone will eventually hit menu or title on the player or remote and it is not a bad idea to have the menu for that. Can just add a Play Movie button or something to the menu.

  5. Endless play is what you are looking for.

    Any decent DVD authoring program should have this option.

     

    Looks like you are on a PC, have a look at http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html

    You can do some pretty cool things with it, its very powerful.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.