Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Coral Crab

Started by Shaff ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Coral Crab

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I took this photo on a night dive here in the Maldives a few nights ago. I haven't been able to identify this species of crab in any of the books I have. It was about 4 to 5 mm in size hiding among the coral branches.

    post-3001-1248551182.jpg

  2. it looks kind of like a squat lobster

  3. it looks kind of like a squat lobster

     

    Have checked all the books I have on critters...couldn't find anything resembling this one!

  4. maybe its a larval stage?

    But other than that I don't know

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.