Hi all. I am new to this forum although I have taken great pleasure in acquiring a lot of knowledge from reading the various threads here.
First, let me set out my rig. I use the Canon G9 in the Ike housing, twin YS110a and I have been happy with the results of the DS TTL features when shooting macro. I have just recently added a Fantasea 360 LED focus light but have yet to get that wet.
I wish to draw on the experience of those of you out there who use focus lights and TTL. Assuming that the focus light is on, would the camera be able to accurately set out the TTL parameters. I would imagine that the TTL would be compromised as the camera would actually beleive that there is more light than there actually is and as such all the photos would be underexposed. Am I right?
If so the focus light can only be used in manual mode?
I am embarking on a dive trip in early August and I rather not find out the hard way.
I would be grateful if anyone out there who has had this experience can drop me a reply. Many thanks.