Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Inon UWL-100 and Dome Unit

Started by JohnJohnsonIII ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon UWL-100 and Dome Unit

9 posts
  1. I am looking to get the UWL-100 and dome unit and was wondering where I could find a competitively priced one in the US. I am in Japan and can probably special order both for about $550 or so. Where is a good place to shop online in the US? I have always bought all my accessories in Japan and am not really familiar with the US market. Any help would be appreciated...

     

    --John

  2. Why do you want to order from the US? I think you'll find the best prices in Japan.

  3. I have purchased both of these in the USA and the price you quoted is much less than I paid. I quess I am going to start shopping in Japan.

  4. I agree, because INON products in the US are, for the most part, bought in Japan and resold here, you'll normally find better prices in Japan. I did hear a rumor recently that INON is starting up an official US presence . . .

  5. I know the official US Retail price on the UWL-100 Type 2 is $319, and am awaiting a number on the dome.

  6. Thanks for the URL, herbko. I checked em out and the prices aren't bad, but the UWL-100 is out of stock. The local CompMart in Hamamatsu said they can't order it from the manufacturer(Inon) and that I should contact a camera specialty store. I did and they said the same thing--they can't order it and that I should speak with the manufacturer directly. Bizarre...anyway, I am only in Japan for another week so I wanted to order it fast here or order it in the US at a reasonable price. I will probably call Inon directly then...

     

    --John

  7. Well, you could start by calling me, since I am in Japan.

     

    The reason why your local shop can't get Inon is because he is not going to sell to people who do not understand and cannot support the product.

     

    BTW, Ryan, US retail on the dome is going to be about $359 if I remember correctly.

     

    Mike, are you going to be at DEMA? You can drop by the booth and see for yourself about Inon. I might be working the booth one of the days.

  8. Sorry, Mars, didn't mean to slight you there. Didn't realize you were in sales here in Japan. I found both the lens and dome unit for 68429 after tax and shipping. I was going to put in the order this afternoon. What are the prices up Tokyo way?

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.