Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sardine Run 2009 video

Started by philsokol ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sardine Run 2009 video

4 posts
  1. My dive buddy David (daveerdoc) posted this as part of my Sardine Run trip report thread and I think it deserves to stand alone. Enjoy! Phil

     

    Hello everyone,

     

    I was one of Phil's dive buddies for this trip, and the only one in our group with a video setup. Please click the link below for a 3 1/2 minute YouTube "highlights" video, shot with a Sony XR520V in a L&M Bluefin with Fathom 90 lens..

     

    Phil's trip report is spot on, so I don't really have much to add, except that this is a MUST DO for anyone on Wetpixel. Will most certainly return for the chance to see this again!

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQT6kxvyTpc

  2. Amazing guys, the size of the shoal and the shear numbers of sharks is way beyond what I was imagining from just seeing the still shots.

     

    Super stuff,

    Steve

  3. Fantastic stuff and really well put together! The XR520 performed superbly by the looks of it. It sure makes me jealous that I've never done the run though... maybe one year! :drink:

     

    Cheers, Simon

  4. Cool...

     

    The two sequences that stand out for me are the Shooter next to the monster wall of sardines and the shark that looked like i was being swallowed by the throng... Awesome

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.