As a professional photographer (www.rud-gr.com) I have been making underwater snapshots with a basic Canon S40 digital compact camera the past two years. It's a nice camera, makes pretty good pictures and is great fun to fool around with.
However, working with a compact is a pain if you're used to fast digital and analog camera's in everyday's work. So, it's time to really go for it and get some decent equipment. As I also have opportunities in publishing my underwatershots it might even bring some extra business as well. The thing is that a underwaterhouse for my digital 1D costs a fortune that I don't want to spend :freak: .
So, the 10D is the obvious other choice as 99% of my workflow is digital anyway and I could do with a backup digi.
I have about $4.000-5.000 to spend on camera, u/w house and strobes all together. Can anyone give my any suggestions on a decent setup to go for. My knowledge of digitial u/w equipment is pretty poor so if I can avoid any pitfalls by any of your suggestions it is very greatly appreciated. If anybody has suggestions please also let me know what you spent and where I can find good places to buy them.
Any help is very much welcome!