Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 14mm- f3.5 v. f2.8

Started by Ryan ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 14mm- f3.5 v. f2.8

3 posts
  1. Comparing these two lenses in situations that I would be in underwater, would they be equal at mid range apertures?

     

    I realize viewfinder brightness, how big of a deal do you think this is on a D100?

     

    I'm going to Key Largo, and would like to experiment with ambient light WA shots of the wrecks. How big of an advantage is 2.8?

     

    Basically, I think I know I should spend more money, but as DS Monkey, I don't have lots to spend. All input is appreciated.

  2. Buy the used 2.8 in the Wetpixel classified section. It's even less than any 3.5 that you will find anywhere...

     

    [edit] Never mind, I just went back and checked and it's the 3.5 for sale... [/edit]

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. These lenses can be quite big and bulky. Make sure that they fit in your ports before you buy.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.