I'm looking to shave around 3lbs off my rig. I've got a n Aquatica AD90 with an 8"dome port and Ike DS160 strobes on 2X15" TLC arms. The housing wants to tip dome up (obviously but not the main problem) but the whole rig is just a bit to negative for my liking.
My question is, has anyone used the Aquatica floats? pros/cons? they claim 1# of lift per float.
Any other ideas? I've tried the PVC pipe route, but didn't get close with what I thought was something clean and manageable. Not sure the foam floats will be useable at the depths I dive, near 200' on average. Don't get me wrong, it's not unmanageable, I would just like to get it close to neutral.
I'm looking to shave around 3lbs off my rig. I've got a n Aquatica AD90 with an 8"dome port and Ike DS160 strobes on 2X15" TLC arms. The housing wants to tip dome up (obviously but not the main problem) but the whole rig is just a bit to negative for my liking.
My question is, has anyone used the Aquatica floats? pros/cons? they claim 1# of lift per float.
Any other ideas? I've tried the PVC pipe route, but didn't get close with what I thought was something clean and manageable. Not sure the foam floats will be useable at the depths I dive, near 200' on average. Don't get me wrong, it's not unmanageable, I would just like to get it close to neutral.
Try the stix floats, at least near 140 they don't compress enough to really worry about. If you try them and they compress too much (they have great lift) you can easily glass them over. Alternatively, the Inon float arms also work well if a bit ugly.