Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Hello: New to the forum and to photography!

Started by ScubaDiva ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Hello: New to the forum and to photography!

3 posts
  1. Hello All,

     

    I have been browsing for on and off so thought it was time I joined and said hi.

     

    I am a PADI Rescue diver with about 100 dives. I learned to dive 7 years ago in Indonesia and then left it for a while. I started back diving last Sept and then started UK diving in Nov - I'm now quite used to diving in pea soup although I could really do without having to dive in a drysuit!

     

    I bought a Canon Ixus 80 and housing prior to a hol in Croatia last Sept and have been messing about with it since. Did an UW photography course in June with a chap who was a photographer before he was a diver (Mike Ward - he likes wrecks). I just spent this weekend taking pictures of bits of metal the local quarry - oh yes its exotic over here.

     

    I never really had an interest in taking that many photos on land but wanting to take better ones underwater has prompted me to join a local camera club and I'm looking forward to taking a 10 week digital photo course from Sept. (You'll notice that I quite like 'courses' - they keep me busy and amused).

     

    I haven't got any lenses or other accessories yet but after taking an age to figure out what fits on what I am currently eyeing up a few inon ones that I have spotted but need to figure out how to get them from across the water to the sunny UK.

     

    Anyway look forward to posting and chatting. :)

    Edited by ScubaDiva
  2. Hello M

     

    We really must stop meeting like this! Welcome to Wetpixel.

     

    Daniel

  3. Hello M

     

    We really must stop meeting like this! Welcome to Wetpixel.

     

    Daniel

     

     

    Yes a person really can't go anywhere in peace these days! :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.