I have been approached by a commercial gallery to go out and shoot 12-15 images on the coral reefs in the local area. This gallery specialises in natural landscape photography and the owner shoots all of their above water work (which is truly spectacular). They do all of their own printing which is of very high quality, printing on paper and canvas for prints up to 10 feet long, with large prints selling for up to $2000. The gallery owner stated that he frequently gets asked for photographs of the reefs but he can't dive.
No discussions on commissions have taken place yet, but I am keen to hear what others think is a reasonable commission for the gallery to pay me.
The key points
- I just have to supply the image files
- the gallery handles all of the printing, mounting/framing, sales, marketing etc
Any thoughts would be most welcome.