hey chaps - I'm glad you're all finding the topic as interesting to read about as I do to stay up late over!
gotta forewarn everyone who is interested in attempting anything similar - it ain't just dropping in Twixtor and then you upload a super slomo clip onto cyberspace.... that sequence did take a couple of days to create (but next time would only take a couple of hours)... things like the birds and car add a certain emphasis to the shot, for example.....
If you're expecting to get similar results out of the fabled EDIUS then, sorry Wags, no chance..... says I who knows nothing about EDIUS...
- I can only presume that if it were possible, then the industry would know about it already...
I tell you what Eric - the only thing that Motion ever did for me was get me off of video and highlight a whole world of further options! I very quickly realised that it is a little bastard to work with, though, that totally screws up your comps processor - rendering the term "productive" totally useless!
What I DID ascertain later on, though, is that AE is out there and kicks the living woopsie out of Motion!
Motion seems to be created to look good while you work - AE is created TO WORK! (But Motion does come with it's certain pros - prebuilt particles and suchlike which, in the right situation, can speed workflows up somewhat.)
It's the first time I've gone "non-Apple" but I cant slate Motion (and it's sloooooooow speeds of use) enough! Get AE - theres a silly amount of Tuts out there on it all..... (Hang on, what am I thinking - I can't slate a Mac product!
)
RE: U/W version... I'm just finishing one off funnily enough..... but it's FAR less dramatic..... BECAUSE I'M STILL WAITING FOR SOME KIND SOUL TO OFFER ME 5 FRAMES OF FAST MOVING U/W STUFF
(for practising with ONLY and not for profiting from......)
Now that Eric's offered front page placement then it'd be a great little stage for someone to get their (maybe otherwise mundane footage) seen in the public domain!
Thanks again, everyone, for all the kind words (Now Wagsy, tell me how to WB my Phenom at 30m then!
)