this may open a can of worms -however I would like to see what others say - how often do ppl use the same photo for various competitions ? as in you take a ripper shot that you know is a ripper -then you enter it in x amount of competitions now and into the future - is that ethical ? is it an accepted practise ? is it ok ? thoughts and examples please
Hey,
It depends on the competition rules. If it says "no images that have placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in previous competitions" then you obviously cant. A good example of this for me was a photo I took of a leafy sea dragon. I entered it in 3 major comps and it didnt place at all and then it was named best of show for the Beneath the Sea competition 2009 - so it pays to resubmit if it doesn't win the first time around.
Cheers
Cal
Thanks Cal for that - I am more interested in thoughts of images that continually clean up the prizes - as in the same photo is entered in comps all over the world and continually wins - so the shooter wins numerous prizes with the same image -is that fair/ethic/ ok ?