Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

Construction scheduled at the blue heron bridge :?(

Started by ce4jesus ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Construction scheduled at the blue heron bridge :?(

6 posts
  1. Gary,

     

    The small bridge is the eastern bridge. The fishing pier is under the large western bridge.

     

    Here is a notice posted on the DOT website.

     

    Little Blue Heron Bridge Replacement Project Open House

    District: Four

    Meeting Type: Meeting

    Date: Wednesday, August 19, 2009

    Time: 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm

    Location Name: Palm Beach Shores Town Hall

    Street Address: 214 Edwards Lane

    City: Palm Beach Shores FL 33404

    Directions: map showing meeting location

    Purpose:

    The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will host an Open House to inform the community about the upcoming Little Blue Heron Bridge Replacement Project.

     

    The project includes removing and replacing the existing low level bridge on Blue Heron Boulevard/State Road A1A near Phil Foster Park. Construction will begin this fall and last approximately one year.

     

    The Open House will provide attendees with information about the scope of work, construction schedule and maintenance of traffic for this project. The Open House will have an informal format. No formal presentation will be made. FDOT and project representatives will be available throughout the Open House to discuss the project and answer questions one-on-one.

     

    Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status.

     

    If you need special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, require translation services (free of charge) or would like further information about this project or Open House, please contact Public Information Officer Tish Burgher by phone at 561-640-6441 or by e-mail at Tish@QCAusa.com

    Primary Contact: Tish Burgher

    Primary Phone: 561-640-6441

    Primary E-Mail: Tish@QCAusa

    Additional Contact: FDOT District Four Public Information Office

    Additional Phone: Toll Free 866-336-8435 ext. 4090

    Additional E-mail: barbara.kelleher@dot.state.fl.us

    Expires: 8/20/2009

     

     

    If this goes forward without extreme efforts to curb the environmental impact the damage might be significant. I'm not local but just caught wind of this yesterday. I'm not sure what we (those out of state, country etc) can do to help prevent this from moving forward without a further study of what the impact might be. Anyway, I thought I'd post this here for information purposes.

  2. If this goes forward without extreme efforts to curb the environmental impact the damage might be significant. I'm not local but just caught wind of this yesterday. I'm not sure what we (those out of state, country etc) can do to help prevent this from moving forward without a further study of what the impact might be. Anyway, I thought I'd post this here for information purposes.

     

    Hi Gary,

     

    Where did you find this?

     

    I'd like to re-post it on some of our local forums.

     

    Thanks

    Tony

  3. http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/publicsyndicat...tings_district4

     

     

    Scroll Down and you'll find it on the list for district 4

     

    Thank you for posting this. I have dove under the Blue Heron Bridge (both the east and west sides) several times - actually doing a night dive this coming saturday. Its a great dive for those fortunate enough to live nearby.

  4. Thank you for posting this. I have dove under the Blue Heron Bridge (both the east and west sides) several times - actually doing a night dive this coming saturday. Its a great dive for those fortunate enough to live nearby.

     

    Is construction starting anytime soon? I'm thinking of trying to go there when I'm in Florida the third week of November.

  5. You might pop over to www.digitaldiver.net and PM a guy called fisheye. He lives pretty close and can give you the updated conditions. From what I understand they're containing the construction pretty well and the macro sites haven't really been affected that much.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.