Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

D90 and Photoshop CS2

Started by MikeVeitch ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

D90 and Photoshop CS2

7 posts
  1. Trying to download my D90 NEF files and they don't seem to work...

     

    I have the latest RAW from Adobe but i get a message that says "Unable to use the Camera Raw Plug-in, It is not compatible with this version of Photoshop"

    I can see the thumbnails in Bridge as opposed to just NEF logos, so I know the RAW I have is correct but it still won't open it..

     

    Do this mean that Adobe has started to not make the RAW files backward compatible to older version of PS? argh.... what a pain.

    Am i being forced to upgrade my software or am i making a mistake somewhere?

    Edited by MikeVeitch
  2. I think that there is a way around it by saving to DNG and then opening them. But its annoying. Its Adobe's way of making us upgrade Photoshop (if you can afford a new camera, you can afford a new version).

     

    Alex

  3. bugger, i was afraid of that. they don't know i also had to buy a new housing so can't afford the PS update? haha

     

    oh well, i have Lightroom so will do the raw there and export to CS2 after i suppose.

  4. (if you can afford a new camera, you can afford a new version).

     

    Alex

     

    I believe we are talking about the last person shooting a D100. His gold housing probably has no gold left on it. The holes for the handle mounts probably had to be re-tapped. He should bundle CS2 with the old camera and housing.

     

    Wonder how long it will take him to upgrade to a Red?

  5. it was a D70 :) but you are right.. no gold :)

     

    Red? about 2032 :)

    I think i need a better job :)

  6. oh well, i have Lightroom so will do the raw there and export to CS2 after i suppose.

     

    I don't see that as a compromise but a nice new way to do things ... I very, very, very rarely open RAW files with PS, but still use it as an external editor (for soft-proofing mainly).

     

    One nice thing you can do with compatible ACR versions across the two applications is 'open as a Smart Object' in PS from Lightroom and then you can re-tweak the RAW conversion at any point from within PS and save the conversion and the PS layers all in the same file.

  7. You guys are harsh -

     

    Step back for a moment, your complaining that when you decided to upgrade your camera the "unique" RAW format that the camera manufacturer chooses to make is no longer supported by software written years ago by yet another company.

     

    Luckily Adobe does take this seriously, and releases a FREE converter that will convert your new files to the DNG standard which is supported in most of the recent versions (How far do you want to go back?)

     

    My Blu-Ray player won't play Betamax or HD-DVD's either :)

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.