Since i've understood that i need a uw strobe for my nikonos V, and since i'm a very novice scuba diver i don't what to brother with guide numbers underwater.
What are the strobes nikon and not nikon that will meeter properly with the V ?
Regards.
Read-only discussion
Since i've understood that i need a uw strobe for my nikonos V, and since i'm a very novice scuba diver i don't what to brother with guide numbers underwater.
What are the strobes nikon and not nikon that will meeter properly with the V ?
Regards.
i would think most any of them would.
Look for a used Sea and Sea YS90 or Ikelite DS125
i would think most any of them would.
Look for a used Sea and Sea YS90 or Ikelite DS125
What about 102 ?
What about 102 ?
Yes. SB102 and SB103/105 were designed for the Nikonos V system. SB101 was designed for the Nikonos IVa and SB104 for the Nikonos RS, although also works well on the Nikonos V.
Many newer strobes will give TTL flash with a Nikonos V, also.
Alex
The Inon Z240 has a setting for use with Nikon film camera TTL. See the "Nikonos TTL" section in this:
Since i've understood that i need a uw strobe for my nikonos V, and since i'm a very novice scuba diver i don't what to brother with guide numbers underwater.What are the strobes nikon and not nikon that will meeter properly with the V ?
Regards.
At the end i've found a Morris TTL unit for the Nikons, it looks ok, 100€ with spare or , 15mm diffuser and arm.
Anybody ever work with this unit ?
At the end i've found a Morris TTL unit for the Nikons, it looks ok, 100€ with spare or , 15mm diffuser and arm.Anybody ever work with this unit ?
I looked at the Morris units long ago. I when with Ikelites (Ai/A100). The older ikes work well with the Nikonos V and Nikon film cameras. I have been meaning to sell the two remaining Ais, 3 battery packs, and two chargers. I don't think it is worth shipping them from the USA to Italia.
Bob
Morris units are getting very old. Before buying you want to check whether it can be repaired/serviced - I doubt it and even if it can I'd suspect it wouldn't be economic. The capacitors will probably have lost some capacity which might affect output.
Morris units are getting very old. Before buying you want to check whether it can be repaired/serviced - I doubt it and even if it can I'd suspect it wouldn't be economic. The capacitors will probably have lost some capacity which might affect output.
I looks in perfect working order, i'll check the capacitors in case i can change them i should not be big deal with some soldering skills.
i have been very happy with my sb-105.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.