Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Connecting two Ikelite strobes on a Hugy with an S-6 connection

Started by MikkelNoe ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Connecting two Ikelite strobes on a Hugy with an S-6 connection

2 posts
  1. I have a problem and unfortunately I have only myself to blaim, but I hope that one of You could offer some advice :-)

     

    I have JUST recieved my beautiful Hugyfot for the Canon 5dmkII that i bought through Fotografit/Lars Kirkegaard here in Denmark.

    In my ignorance when ordering the housing I took a short look at my Ikelite strobes and my Y-sync cable and identified their ends as S-6 pin Subtronic connections (could i be more wrong?)...

    Now I can see, that I was quite mistaken (picture me banging my head against the wall!...) - Aaaargh! As I understand the Ikelite connectors are quite proprietary - right?

    I also got the Heinrich Weinkamp ttl converter for the Canon and Ikelites - that should still be ok, if I can find a way to connect my strobes, although I'm not sure how the TTL converter is connected to the bulkhead - the S-6 has 6 pins and I only need 5 on the Ikelite ICS.

     

    What's the best route from here?

    - Replace the bulkhead (I'm not sure Hugy provides Ikelite bulkheads - I haven't seen any...)

    - Get an Ikelite bulkhead and install it in the Hugy (BIG operation = not wanted)

    - Find (if possible) a S-6 to two Ikelite ICS strobes cable (highly unlikely that anyone makes this)

    - Buy a Subtronic sync cable and walk the DYI way and split my existing cable together with this on

    - Some completely different way

     

    Pleeease advice...

     

    Kindest Regards Mikkel Noe

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.